The Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, South Campus, announces a two year full time Master of Business Administration in Management of Services programme.
The programme is geared towards fulfilling the needs of business leaders in:
Professionally managed companies in the service sector with particular focus to MNCs who have entered India or are planning to enter India.
Indian companies aiming to globalise their services
Public systems undergoing privatisation and restructuring
NGOs and professional bodiess
Eligibility Conditions for Admission:
1. Candidates must be at least 20 years of age as on October 1, 2004.
2. Candidates applying for admission to first year of the programme must have pursued at least a 3-year Bachelor's degree programme in any of the following disciplines. The minimum requisite percentage of marks in different disciplines is as follows:
Arts, Commerce or Social Sciences: 50%
Mathematics or Statistics: 60%
Medicine, Engineering or Technology: 60%
CGPA of at least 6.00 in a scale of 10.00
3. Post Graduate degree or second degree examination after 10+2+3 scheme, securing at least 60% marks. Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply
Number of Seats: 40 (4 additional seats for foreign candidates)
· 15% seats are reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates
· 7.5% seats are reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates
· 5% seats are reserved for Children/Widows of officers and men of the armed forces including para-military personnel killed/disabled during hostilities
· 3% seats are reserved for physically challenged candidates
Relaxation of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility will be allowed to categories of all candidates in the reserved categories.
Medium of instruction: English shall be the medium of instruction and examination.
Selection Procedure: All eligible candidates will be called for a written test, and on the basis of their performance in the test, they will be called for an interview, extempore and group discussion/group task. Candidates will be required to produce original certificates, mark-sheets and other testimonials at the time of interview. The final list of candidates selected for the programme will be announced after conclusion of all interviews.
How to Apply: Application forms can be downloaded free of cost from www.fms.edu
If required by post, mail the request for the admission brochure and form to the administrative officer, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110 021. You would need to attach with the letter a bank draft drawn in favor of 'Registrar, University of Delhi' for Rs 575 for General Category and Rs 200 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe category.
You may also buy the form from the Faculty of Management Studies both from the North and South campuses of the University of Delhi by paying a Bank draft drawn in favor of 'Registrar, University of Delhi' for Rs 500 for General category students and Rs 125 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe category.
Do fill up details of the bank draft in the application form. Applications without the draft or with faulty drafts will not be accepted. Enclose a self-addressed envelope (4½" X 10") along with the forms.
All Applications by post/courier must be sent to: Section Officer, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi South Campus, Benito Juarez Road, New Delhi 110 021.
Completed application must reach the FMS latest by 5 pm on February 9, 2004.
Sale of Forms: January 9, 2004 to February 8, 2004.
Last Date of Receipt of Forms: February 9, 2004.
Date of Entrance Test: February 29, 2004 Time: 1400 hours to 1600 hours