The British Council invites applications from students of Goan origin for the academic year 2004.
The charitable trust funds for this scholarship derive from the estate of Mr Diego Frank de Souza and are intended to provide financial assistance for Goans to study in the UK.
The scholarship aims to provide opportunities for dynamic young men and women of Goan origin who have demonstrated academic excellence and extra-curricula achievements to study or train in the UK.
Since 1998, when the scholarship was first introduced, ten Goan students have successfully completed their studies in the UK in subjects as diverse as Media Management, Architecture Computing and Design, Television Documentary Making, Therapy, Architectural Conservation and Human Rights.
· Indian nationals domiciled and resident in, or born of, Goan parents
· Not more than 35 years of age
· Track record for excellence in academics or extra curricula achievement
· Confirmed admission for any technical/vocational/academic course of study in the UK for up to one year
· The scholarship will cover full or part fees
· Gratis student visa for the UK
· All other costs to be borne by the student
Completed applications should be sent in an envelope superscribed 'De Souza Trust, Goa Scholarship' to reach the British Council, Mittal Tower, 'C' Wing, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021, no later than May 31, 2004.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited to attend an interview in June 2004, either in Goa or in Mumbai.
For further details please contact Education Governance & Science Unit, British Council, Mumbai on 2282 3560 Extension 123 or email Emily Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org